I promised the boys a "Dutch sandwich" (aka nen boterham me hagelslag, or a sanbo with chocolate sprinkels) if they tidy up the house a bit. So, they are busy in the living room, and I have 5 minutes for some random thoughts.
- School holidays are anything but holidays for mothers!
- The weather has been crap, we've hardly been swimming.
- I made a chook run, the one and only thing I managed to do these holidays
- Tante Anita is in the country, and we had a nice two days together. The kids look forward to her coming back in two weeks and spend more time with her.
- We had a lovely 5 days away in Avoca on the beach. We did pretty much nothing. It was heaven. Even Beaver sat in his chair and just looked out of the window for a while. Unheard of!
- I have a lovely big Waterdragon in care at the moment. Gorgeous boy!
- We have got funding for Boo Boo's manual wheelchair (well, actually, modifying Beavers' old one to suit to her needs, but that will be another post soon).
- I have found a Shotokan Karate Club in the suburb next to ours. Dojo hours are just after kids bedtime, and on those evenings Hubby does not go to Yoga, and not the day our regular babysitter comes. How good is that! Finally everything has come together. I can't wait until next week to start again.
- Congratulations to Lieve and Stefaan for the birth of their twin boys, Tibo and Siebe! Well done mum and dad, two brand new future Aussie beach bums!
- We are still finding dust everywhere in the house from the dust storm. I think we still will for weeks to come
- Can you believe it's only 17 more days (yes, the boys made me count the days) until Oma Helma and Opa Manfred are here! I better start tidying up downstairs asap!
- Boo Boo said just before the holidays 'NO MORE NAPPIES". And true to her word, she has not worn nappies since (except in the night). We still have heaps of accidents, but she will tell me when she need the toilet (using the "toilet" sign and saying "poo poo" or "wee wee"). I am very proud of my clever big girl!
- I am reading some interesting articles, and thinking about starting a PhD year after next. Hmmmm....
- Shakespeare is just around the corner, and I have lots of props to organise. Anyone have a spare fake log lying around that I could borrow?
- Tonight we're having fish and chips with Oma and Opa on Manly Beach.
That's all for now folks. Boo Boo is awake, the house is tidy (I think) and I better go and make those promised sandwiches. Bye for now.