- Mum, the boys in my class say girls are yuk and they don't want a girlfriend.
- Hmm, is that right?
- The boys say that they don't want a girlfriend, but I tell them that they're wrong and they will change their minds when they get older.
- Sure thing!
- Mum, when you have a girlfriend, you kiss them, don't you?
- But mum, when you have a girlfriend, you do much more than just kissing, don't you?
I brace myself thinking "oh boy, here we go." I keep a straight face and a neutral voice and reply:
To which Beaver responds:
- Yeah. You also go shopping together, and all that. You do the laundry, and get petrol for the car, don't you mum?
- Sure thing Beaver.