Oh my - I've been tagged (for the first time ever) by Shannon – and this means, I have to provide you, poor reader, with seven random, totally silly, facts about my life (I will post the rules of tagging in a comment). I don't know enough bloggers to find 7 others to tag (and who haven't been tagged a hundred times), so I'll keep it to Rob and Satria's mum So here goes.
1. When I was young, I used to sit on the toilet (or any other quiet spot) to have imaginary conversations in my head; they were my way of practicing English. I have always felt I should have been living in an English-speaking country. So I didn’t hesitate when a gorgeous Aussie bloke came along…
2. I love Shotokan Karate, especially Kata (a kind of formalised shadow fight, in which the aim is to improve on yourself rather than win a fight with another person). It’s my biggest current regret that I just don’t have a life that allows for the discipline of going to the dojo regularly.
3. It’s probably not fashionable, but I like gardening, well, bushcare-style gardening, which is a semi-political, semi-religious activity which involved ripping out all non native plants (in big patches when things are dire, or in small incremental steps) and coaxing local native plants back into our garden, while fending off the incredulous stares from our flabbergasted neighbours.
4. I was a vegetarian for about ten years. Three kids later and many kilo’s later, I gave up. Once I ate animal protein again, I lost 10 kilo’s and stopped feeling permanently hungry. I still wish I could be a veggo again…
5. I would like to become a Buddhist some time soon. But first, I need to find the right “style” (Mahayana, but not Tibetan. Hmm…): and find a teacher to take refuge with.
6. When I was a kid, my green bike took me everywhere. I pretended that it was a horse and I a cowgirl, or a spaceship and I an intergalactic traveller.
7. I love paprika flavoured crisps, the only thing I truly miss about Belgium (pretty much everything else I can get in Oz) - and double salted liquorice (an acquired taste, and not for the faint hearted).
And for no other reason than that they're fun, here are two baby pictures of Beaver and Boo Boo when they were about 4-5 months old. Can you tell who's who?